Job Description: Web Manager | Developer
Flannel is the Christian nonprofit behind the BASIC, NOOMA, Ed’s Story, and True Beauty films. Our mission and passion is to tell the way of Jesus to the world in new and creative ways. We do this primarily through the medium of film. Our involvement begins with project development and carries through to completion and product distribution via our online store. Our goal is to provide exceptional content, film quality, and delivery with every project we create and distribute. While we are not affiliated with any church denomination or religious organization, we do have a doctrinal statement that we strive to uphold throughout every aspect of our business. This doctrinal statement can be found here.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with previous experience and skills in website development and management.
As web developer, you will be expected to oversee the daily tasks associated with our e-commerce store. You will maintain the current e-commerce system and ensure that the content of our website is current and accurate. You will also be expected to take on the development and implementation of a new e-commerce system that is better tailored to handle the specific needs of our organization.
In addition to other qualifications listed, the ideal candidate for this position will be someone who shares our passion for Flannel’s mission and is willing to work as a team to accomplish it.
- Manage e-commerce store via both administrative interface and code changes
- Provider customer support above the first level
- Manage digital delivery (encoding, streaming, downloading) of Flannel films
- Develop series-specific websites
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of e-commerce store
- Develop and implement replacement e-commerce store
- Provide IT support to Flannel staff
- Proficiency in a web-scripting language (e.g., PHP, Ruby, or Python)
- Proficiency using SQL
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to stay on task and meet required deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
To apply for position, please email your resume along with a cover letter to Deb@flannel.org